2.14.2010

CHAPTER 67: ALL GROWN UP NOW (ALMOST)

(Episode 15)

Kelsey (in blue): "Did you get any valentines?"

Ursula: "Nope."

"Me neither. Well, just one from my mom. 'Doris the Spelunker wiggles her way in to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day'."

"Oh, that sucks."

"I know, huh? So embarrassing.

"I'm like, really! Mom! I'm eighteen years old. Waaaay past the Doris the Spelunker stage. Of course, it's a sign of maturity if you can let your parents treat you like you're eight years old. I just don't know if I'm there yet."

"Did you get any cash in it?"

"Twenty bucks."

"That softens the pain."

"Yeah. I'm already past the suffering. In fact, I'm really looking forward to what the wee Easter bunny leaves in my basket along with the butterfly barettes and color crayons."

"Wow, you really are maturing."

2 comments:

Melabelo said...

Hee! Nothing like cold cash to ease the sting!

Love your stories!

Plasticopia said...

Thank you Melabelo! And thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.